Protein Structure Prediction
RaptorX is a protein structure prediction server developed by Xu group, excelling at predicting 3D structures for protein sequences without close homologs in the Protein Data Bank (PDB). Given an input sequence, RaptorX predicts its secondary and tertiary structures as well as solvent accessibility and disordered regions. RaptorX also assigns the following confidence scores to indicate the quality of a predicted 3D model: P-value for the relative global quality, GDT (global distance test) and uGDT (un-normalized GDT) for the absolute global quality, and RMSD for the absolute local quality of each residue in the model. RaptorX-Binding is a web server that predicts the binding sites of a protein sequence, based upon the predicted 3D model by RaptorX. More details can be found HERE.
- Currently, we have the following servers available.
- RaptorX structure prediction - 3-state and 8-state secondary structure, solvent accessibility, disordered regions and tertiary structure prediction for a sequence
- [Submit] [Retrieve Results by JobID] [Home][Example]
- RaptorX-Binding - model-assisted protein binding site prediction for a sequence
- [Submit] [Retrieve Results by JobID][Example]
- RaptorX Contact Prediction - protein residue contact prediction for a sequence
- [Submit] [Retrieve Results by JobID][Example][Refs] [Software Download]
1. Registration is not required. Jobs can be submitted using a web browser or a command-line program curl. Each user, identified by an email address, can have up to 500 sequences pending prediction at any time point. Jobs are scheduled to ensure a fair share of the service. All anonymous jobs are scheduled as a single user.
2. A result summary and a link to the result web page will be sent to the email address if provided in submission, which can also be used to retrieve all your jobs through My Jobs. A single job is also accessible through the JobID assigned by the servers.
4. To see the job results of the old RaptorX server, which stopped accepting submissions in June 2013, JavaApplet shall be enabled in your browser. Consult here for instructions.
News and updates
We are upgrading our server, so you may see some incomplete display pages or your pending jobs may take a longer time to finish. The upgrade is expected to be done before tomorrow morning. You may still submit your sequences, though.
We are currently in the process of upgrading our server, but you can still submit jobs to the server. Some links may be broken and they will be fixed very soon.
We are going to upgrade the RaptorX server by the end of Feb 2013. This upgrade includes a much better alignment and modeling algorithm and also a better user interface.