Protein Structure and Function Prediction
RaptorX is a protein structure prediction server developed by Xu group, excelling at predicting 3D structures for protein sequences without close homologs in the Protein Data Bank (PDB). Given an input sequence, RaptorX predicts its secondary and tertiary structures as well as solvent accessibility and disordered regions. RaptorX also assigns the following confidence scores to indicate the quality of a predicted 3D model: P-value for the relative global quality, GDT (global distance test) and uGDT (un-normalized GDT) for the absolute global quality, and RMSD for the absolute local quality of each residue in the model. RaptorX-Binding is a web server that predicts the binding sites of a protein sequence, based upon the predicted 3D model by RaptorX. More details can be found HERE.
- Currently, we have the following servers available.
- RaptorX Structure Prediction: predict 3-state and 8-state secondary structure, solvent accessibility, disordered regions and tertiary structure for a protein sequence
- [Submit] [Find jobs by: ID or sequence, Email] [Example] [Refs: 1, 2, 3, 4] [Home]
- RaptorX-Binding: model-assisted protein binding site prediction for a sequence
- [Submit] [Find jobs by: ID or sequence, Email] [Example] [Refs]
- RaptorX Contact Prediction: predict inter-residue contacts for a protein sequence
- [Submit] [Find jobs by: ID or sequence, Email] [Example] [Refs: 1, 2] [Software Download]
- RaptorX Structure Alignment: protein pairwise and/or multiple structure alignment
- [Submit] [Retrieve Results by JobID] [Example] [Refs: 1, 2] [Software Download]
1. Registration is NOT required, but we STRONGLY RECOMMEND you to provide an email address in submission, which can be used to retrieve the results of all your jobs.
Jobs can be submitted using a web browser or a command-line program curl.
Each user, identified by an email address, can have up to 500 sequences pending prediction at any time point.
Jobs are NOT first come, first-served. Instead, they are scheduled to ensure a fair share of the service. A user has the HIGHEST priority if not being served in the past 2 days.
The less served a user is in the past 2 days, the higher priority this user has.
2. A job result can be retrieved by the assigned JobID or its sequence. The result URL will also be sent to the email address if provided in submission, which can also be used to retrieve all your jobs through My Jobs. If you lose the JobID or donot receive the email notification (even in your Spam folder), you may contact the RaptorX team by the form.
News and updates
Retrieve Jobs By Their Sequences | 2015-08-12 05:58:42
Sometimes users cannot receive the email notifications upon completion of their jobs due to various reasons. Now users can retrieve jobs by their sequences so that they do not have to keep a record of the job IDs. However, only sequences submitted in the past 60 days can be retrieved since after 60 days it is better to re-predict their sequences, which may result in a better result due to database enlargement.
Contact Server Suspended | 2015-01-31 19:42:06
The server machine running the contact server jobs has a dead hard drive.
We will have to install a new hard drive, the operating systems and all the code needed for the contact server, which will take at least one week.
However, users can still submit their contact prediction jobs and access the results of previous jobs.
Contact Server Impacted | 2015-01-28 17:52:01
Our system is under upgrade and the contact prediction jobs submitted in the past few days are impacted and delayed. We will run all the pending contact jobs as soon as we have finished the system upgrade.